Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Hamilton Buys Illinois Watch Co." Announcement "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Hamilton letter announcing the buy-out of the Illinois Watch Co. effective Jan. 1, 1928. I find these official letters very interesting.

Courtesy of Don

Robert

Hamilton-Illinois

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
posted
Hamilton-Illinois announcement Con't....

Ham-Illinois

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
Picture of Ron Birchall
posted
Thanks Robert (and Don) for posting this. I love this kind of stuff!

Ron

Posts: 388 | Location: Wheaton, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: December 20, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

I'm with you Ron, this stuff is great.

Thanks Robert and Don for all you guys do.

Lindell

Smile

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Great material posted here!

Makes one wonder how the output of the Hamilton (and Illinois) factories might have differed if the depression hadn't hit ...

Fred

posted
Thanks, Don deserves all the credit, I really enjoy posting any information that is educational to our membership.

As mentioned above, within a few months after this buy-out our country slipped into "The Great Depression", which took a gigantic toll on all businesses.

Sure would have been nice if the 161A and 163A could have survived until the end like the 992B and 950B!

Robert