WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Adoption of 24 Hour Time on the Railways of N. America "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
Picture of George Ulrich
posted
pretty neat and interesting

Posts: 119 | Location: Alton, Illinois in the USA | Registered: April 16, 2013
IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks for posting it Lorne.Ever see one of those add-on 24 Hr. dials?I doubt they held up very well.I have seen pics of dials where 24 hr. markers were painted on sometime after the dial was made.Take care, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1541
posted
Funny you should ask Smile

Mine is a bit different than the one in the letter, perhaps a later incarnation.

The movement is not of great quality. The letter states that these dials would be supplied free of charge to employees as well as the public so this was likely a non-railroaders' watch

IHC Member 1541
posted
Mvt.

IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks again Lorne! I'm surprised the railway didn't come up with something better than paper.There's a good chance that could cut loose or roll up under the hands and stop the watch.I noticed it talked about that in the installation info.I bet it happened a time or two.I wonder if Ball of Canada had something like that...Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008