WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Bunn Special 16s case numbering scheme Numbers match with a twist?
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special 16s case numbering scheme Numbers match with a twist? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Regarding Bunn Special 16s case numbers and such.
I have what I believe is matching covers for a First Variant 14KT case having the ‘chain links’. Each has corresponding numbers of, back 7845602 and front abbreviated as E5602.

The center is tricky but in some way has logic, I hope is not a coincidence but a method on a straight case marking.

It is numbered E7858. I see correlation of 78 sans the 4 , with 5 and the sum of the trailing numbers 602=8. Ok? Sum of 6+0+2?

What are your observations? Is this a junk parts case.?
ThankYou  for your knowledge and help!

Posts: 144 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: September 23, 2018
IHC Member 1555
posted
Sounds like bits and pieces of two different cases James. Illinois's are not my field though, over priced and over rated in the collecting world, especially in the 16 Sizes imo, but maybe someelse can chime in and give more infoSmile

Posts: 2264 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
I threw the idea out there because sometimes when cases are matched to each other the repair person will scratch roman numbers onto the rim when there isn’t a stamping.

So with partial numbers in sequence with the full on main plate, it is possible someOne stamping might use a short cut??

Posts: 144 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: September 23, 2018