• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

verge fusee fans? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
anyone in IHC into old verge fusee pocket watches?

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
posted
GREETINGS ANDY, I HAVE AN OLD FRENCH VERGE FUSEE THAT IS SIGNED ROMMILLY,PARIS IT WAS MADE ABOUT 1785,1791, IT IS IN NEED OF A CASE I BOUGHT THE THING FOR NOTHING EVERY THING ABOUT IT IS GOOD EXCEPT FOR THE BALANCE STAFF WHICH IS IN NEED OF A TOP PIVOT. I REALLY LIKE THE WATCH THOUGH IT HAS ORIGINAL HANDS AND DIAL WHICH IS FREE FROM CRACKS OR HAIR LINES. SO I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO SEARCH FOR A CASE THEN MY CHILDREN WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO BATTLE OVER. TAKE CARE. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
I listed one on ebay today, never saw one like it, just a movement. Fascinates me that they created these 100-200 years before cars even came. Look at this one...so wild to see

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310394...id=p3984.m1558.l2649

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Just sold one in bit better condition on ebay myself

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
same maker? item #?

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
looks great!

posted
This posting is for Eddie Hines.You'll probably still be looking for a case as long as you are living.Cases for these were made for each movement.I have half a dozen running fusse movements that I bought with the hopes of restoring and have tried for several years to find cases.Good luck in your search.Regards,Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
posted
YOU CAN FIND CASES IN THE U. K. BUT THE PRICES ARE REALLY HIGH. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I bid on Andy's fusee but I am always hesitant as they are impossible to case without a lot of luck , skill or money and I am out of all 3. I see the chain appears intact on Andy"s and that is nice. I never could figure that chain making out and am reasonably certain the old makers went blind and insane early in life.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009