Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Does anyone have any printed information about the Auburndale Watch Co., Auburndale, MA. It was one of the first to attempt to produce a cheap watch. The watch was known as the Auburndale Rotary, it was stem wound and usually with 5 jewels.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
You should be able to find something at the Govt. Printing Office, I listed what I found below. It says there are 20 pages with illustrations. I will try to look it up too, if I can.
Hope this helps.

457. Battison, Edwin A. THE AUBURNDALE WATCH COMPANY, FIRST AMERICAN ATTEMPT TOWARD THE DOLLAR WATCH. Washington, D. C., Govt. Printing Office, 1959. 20 p. illus.
N 681.114 B32A 1959

Many technical illustrations illuminate this story of the attempt by Mr. William B. Fowle and other Newtonites to manufacture an inexpensive yet precise pocket watch. Jason R. Hopkins was the inventory of the first Auburndale product which was placed on the market in 1877 priced at $10.00. By autumn 1883, the factory was closed.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Wayne and Shiela,

Check out this link. It may have an answer for you.

Auburndale Watch Co

posted
WOW, and I spent an hour looking!!!

Phil,
Your an ANGEL!!!

Sheila

posted
WOW again, what a neet looking watch, Too bad they went out of business. I really like the face configuration on that one.

Sheila