• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Paul's Special "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I collect mostly odd and junk watches which are different, or examples of movements I can't afford. This movement may be of interest to our Canadian collectors. A Paul's special Omega from the District of Assiniboia.

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
posted
The lovely movement

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Kevin
If you are interested it looks like the jeweler on the dial was probably;
Thomas Paul born about July 21, 1854 in Scotland in the 1901 Canadian census he is listed as a watchmaker in Yorkton, Assiniboia. He is married to Sarah born about Nov 11, 1864 in India.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Tom,

Thanks for the information on Mr. Paul and spouse. I imagine moving from India to Canada would be a bit of a change for herself.

Kevin

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Map of Assiniboia 1900, located between the district of Alberta, and the province of Manitoba, north of the 49th parallel. It became part of the province of Saskatchewan in 1905.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Do you have any plans of resorting it, or is it better off to leave as is? It would be great to see it working and cleaned up, but as we all now the history of a watch goes with it no matter what it condition.

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011