• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

NAWCC MEMBER MEL BLANC "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This Alamanac was given to me by a friend Philip, he was chief photographer for the Franklin Mint that closed in the 1990's. I wonder how many people knew Mel Blanc was an avid collector of Horological goodies?

Pictured in 1983, he passed away a little later.

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
posted
Daniel,
Thanks for that photo, it is a great shot. I've always liked Mel Blanc's work (who doesn't??). Can you please provide some info from the article, if possible?
Thanks,
Pete

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004
IHC Member 660

posted
Don't know anything in particular, but Mel, and his son Noel, were long known as avid collectors.

MIke

Posts: 48 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: December 24, 2005
posted
The Almanac features a six page story about Mel.

I do not have the necessary skills to put it on the web site...IF YOU WOULD PREVAIL UPON LINDELL...I would send him the magazine if he would faithfully insert each page into the blog.

It features many pictured RARE watches of his collection and perhaps the only "HEINLEIN" in existence today.

The one pictured has been cut off by ?, it shows many timepieces spread out before Mel.

WHAT SAY YOU?

If you desire the full view email me and I'll send it to you.

dweiss17@verizon.net

Posts: 391 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: April 20, 2006
Picture of Joel W. Sarich
posted
Daniel:
I have heard from "old guard" members in the club that Mel would come to nationals and keep everyone in stitches doing his charactar voices. I, however, never met him at a show.
Joel Sarich

Posts: 286 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2005
posted
Mel never visited any of the Nationals it was my pleasure to attend.

posted
A picture of Mel with loupe.

posted
Daniel,
Thanks for the pix. Does the article mention if he worked on his watches, or did he only collect them? Thanks again,
Pete

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004
posted
I would assume in his position as a comic...while he had a horological interest...I doubt he was able to repair the timepieces.

You could find out through his son, who carries the same horological interests.