Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Peoria (For Railway Service) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1613
posted
One of my latest addition to the collection...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Pic..2

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Very nice Christmas present and pick up Gary, the Peoria's are a great watch and few and far between when looking for themSmile

We are collecting details on these for our database. A lot of miss information about their preceding history and the associated Companies.

Could you advise if the micro adjusting disc has serrations only part way around. Also, how many locating pin and screw ends are visible near and under the balance wheel on the back plate?

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Bila the seriation is only part way around the disc and there are three line up pins and a screw end under the balance wheel...

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Gary will put it in the database, cheers.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Could you confirm the serial on this one Gary, looks like 18653 or is it 18683?

IHC Member 1613
posted
Bila number is 18653...

IHC Member 1622
posted
Absolutely beautiful!

Posts: 177 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: October 16, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Could you let me know when you get a chance Gary on whether this one has only part serrations on the disc or full, thanks?

IHC Member 1613
posted
[QUOTE]Bila the seriation is only part way around the disc and there are three line up pins and a screw end under the balance wheel...Is this what you are asking about...I have one more Peoria For Railway Service that I got from Tom Dunn a while back....Hope to get some pictures posted today...Happy New Year everyone...

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks for the info Gary, look forward to seeing your next one, all the best for the New YearSmile

IHC Member 1613
posted
Here it is...

IHC Member 1613
posted
Pic 2...This one is marked Peoria Watch Co...Standard...Anti- Magnetic...According to the Na__c.. the Standard this was what AT & SF railroad required on there railroad...

IHC Member 1555
posted
Another nice movement Gary, you are getting a good spread of them.

Interesting to see it with that dial?

IHC Member 1338
posted
Bila; Acc to the Peoria Book about 40 or so Standard Anti Magnetics were fitted with the FRRS dial, maybe going to AT & SF for railroad use? Info is sketchy on these...be nice to have someone get a more detailed database of them...Good Luck!

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
Interesting Tom, I have that book here and I wonder if you might have misconstrued the way the data reporting has been laid out in the book?

Anything is possible, but that does not gel with what I have read from it, and what I have seen with the numbers over and above whats in the book that I have correlated during my own research.

When I get some more info correlated I will be dispelling some of the myths around the Identification and the miss-information out there of the Company's that are intertwined also.

As you say the "Info is sketchy on these", for me I would say "Very SketchySmile