Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ANOTHER UNUSUAL 12 SIZE "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
This is another unusual 12 size this time an Illinois deco with a cushion case dial and crystal. The dial on this watch is similar to the Hamilton in the earlier post.
The movement is the Marquis Autocrat a 17 jewel motor barrel adjusted to 3 positions with a micrometer-adjusted regulator. The watch is a great example of that period and also in great shape. I was happy to find a movement inside that had not been screwed up.

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
picture 2

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
picture 3

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
picture 4

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
picture 5

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
picture 6
I just realized in the first two pictures I had the stem in the setting position. The crown and stem are original and fit perfectly.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Picture of Jeffery Hann
posted
Rich, This is my Illinois Capitol, 21 jewels and adj. 3 pos., bought it off of e-bay for $ 49.00
love this watch.

Jeffery

Posts: 192 | Location: Crawfordsville, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: January 18, 2004
Picture of Jeffery Hann
posted
and the back of the watch

Posts: 192 | Location: Crawfordsville, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: January 18, 2004
Picture of Jeffery Hann
posted
I have posted this before , But I realy like this watch

Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
49 bucks Eek

nice!

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
That is one heck of a deal. Be carful of the cyrstal they are hard to come by. I just found one for mine. I have been looking for about a year.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
This is a Hamilton, not an Ill. but the similarities are unmistakable. I thought I would add this to the thread.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The movement.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Nice watch Tom, i like the case of it also.Any idea when it was made?
My nice 21 jewel Illinois is from around 1925 i think and it sure is pretty.
What is your case made of Tom?

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Kevin,
I believe it was made in 1928. The case is 14k white gold filled. Hamilton 912 movement.

Tom

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

It's not a cushion, but this 1926 South-Bend does have a similar dial...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Hey Rich,
Where did you find your crystal? I have a Waltham secometer that needs one like yours.
Thanks,
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Not to leave out Waltham Smile. Here's the dial of the 12-size I had on the auction page a couple weeks ago. Double sunk, embossed numbers and minute markers, second bit is painted or printed.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Another beautiful dial John.

Those who overlook 12-size watches are missing out on a lot of style and some really high quality.

Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Here is a pic of my Illinois. A cushion case with a round crystal. Mine is a true 13 size and will not fit a regular 12S case.

Tom