Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

NYS Repair "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Just started on a repair of a family item hairspring had been mangled I straightened that and started stripping the watch, can you see the quick fix that was applied! Roll Eyes

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Hey Chris, Looks like some "special engineering" to hold the lower balance jewel in place. That large screw,and whatever that other piece of metal are,do not belong.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Cecil,
Yes it’s a old pallet bridge complete with screw jammed under there plus a interesting bushing substituting a lower jewel, turning out to be one of those real fun jobs…

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Hey Chris, I have lots of those movements. If you need any parts let me know.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thanks Cecil, I may take you up on that, I have it running but not as well as I would like a lot of wear and tampering in the past.