Some fun Ads from 1920 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Nice comparison of different company's movements and prices. Does your source have 12-size movements, as well?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Cool catalog Frank. I found a website that gives 1919-1921 railroad economic statistics:

Click here to view 1919-1921 railroad economic summary

Those watch prices don't look so low from the perspective of $0.565 average hourly wages (including management).

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
Jerry,

Yep, there's a couple or few 12s movements also. For some reason they get their own full pages.

Frank "407" Kusumoto

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
posted
Put them in the first post of this topic. The movement pics aren't as good so I didn't originally think anyone would be interested. Same 1920's Catalog.

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Frank - these are great! Unlike the usual movement catalogs, these show the dials and cases that originally came on some of these watches. We also learn that the "VICTOR" name was a private-label for L.W. Sweet. Wonderful stuff.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Jerry,
Do you have any other information on the private-label "L.W. Sweet, Inc."? This may be my lost rich uncle that I've tried to locate! Smile Smile

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004