WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball and Hamilton High Shoulder Pocket Watch Cases "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1411
posted
When did Ball and Hamilton start using the High Shoulder Pocket Watch Cases

Posts: 232 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 26, 2010
IHC Member 2084
posted
Exactly which case are you referring too?The Ball Illinois watches are usually found in a High shouldered ball case.So those would be from 1929 thru 1932 maybe.

Posts: 47 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: June 28, 2015
IHC Member 1411
posted
Yes I was inquiring about whether the Illinois Ball came in a High Shoulder Case. I have not seen any Illinois Ball sold on eBay with that case.I do have a Ball 998 with the High Shoulder Case but the 998 came later and was made by Hamilton. I believe Hamilton High Shoulder cases came in the late 30's but I don't know

Posts: 232 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 26, 2010
IHC Member 2084
posted
I have always wondered about the ball 998 coming in a high shouldered case.Maybe some in 1939 which would be b640,000 numbers.Still there is a 10 year gap of when they come on the ball illinois.and I have seen some late 20's early 30's 999 with them.Go to jones & horan auction site.go to past auctions and put it to lots on the right hand side.punch in ball illinois on the search feature.out of 50 or so ball illinois that have sold, alot of them will have a shouldered case. The only hamilton cases with a shoulder will be the model A case and model 11 case. Which a 998 defenitely would not have been in as you already know.Neither of them came out until july of 1940.

Posts: 47 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: June 28, 2015