Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

jewel help "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Members
I’ve been looking on Question and Answers for a while and got some good information on jewels But was not able to get the correct procedure on replacing these jewels and what proper tools to use to replace the jewels. On my movement 992 the jewel that is for the center wheel, it looks to have two little screws up on topside. Is this made to replace as a whole. Can I put a Jewel in it ?.Please help out Thank You Rick

Americo Rizzuti

Posts: 46 | Location: Connecticut in the USA | Registered: January 09, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I'm guessing your jewel is broken. There are 2 ways to replace this jewel. The easiest way is to find a complete replacement. Which it is your lucky day as I have some of these. The harder way is to remove the jewel setting. Then buy a Seitz jeweling tool and ream the old bushing out and press a new jewel in. If you would like to try it the harder way give me a call and I'll walk you thru the steps to do a quality job.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010