Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

How many of these Ball Cases were made? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bob Christie
posted
I bought this case over the weekend. Can anyone tell me how many of these they made? Maybe some idea of what it is worth? This case is not mint, but if it was, what a mint one would be worth? And also what the letters stand for? Thanks
Bob Christie

Posts: 162 | Location: Eldorado Springs, Missouri USA | Registered: August 11, 2005
Picture of Bob Christie
posted

Posts: 162 | Location: Eldorado Springs, Missouri USA | Registered: August 11, 2005
Picture of Bob Christie
posted

posted
Hi Bob,

Looks like you are digging out the good stuff!

I have several of these multicolored GF cases with different "Brotherhood" logos on them. I don't think they are Ball cases, but were done by the case company or jeweler to the customers request.

I am not very good in deciphering calligraphy style lettering. Your says B. R. T. which is "Brotherhood Of Railroad Trainmen"

Picture of Bob Christie
posted
Jim,
Thanks for the response. I have never seen one before, that I can remember. I know I have never owned one. This case, as you can tell, is not mint and I payed $450 for it. Am I upside down in it?
Your Friend
Bob Christie

Picture of Bob Christie
posted
Jim,
Drew was with me when I bought this case and he said I only paid $250 for it. So I checked my paperwork and he is right. Give me some idea what it is worth.
Bob Christie
P.S. Even if it is bad news..

Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
Bob, I think Lindell tries to avoid discussing values in the open forums. Your question would be promptly answered, I am sure, in pitfalls. Wink

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Bob,
I am sure that you made a wise decision and will be rewarded for it.

Does this look familiar?

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

CLARIFICATION...

We do not discourage discussions of values in any of our forums.

Ask for prices and values, feel free to express your opinion.

Jim's looks like a fast thousand bucks to my eyes...Big Grin

Signed,

"Low-ball-offer-Lindell"

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Bob;
I am only passingly familiar with calligraphy and early printed letter forms, but I suspect that the intertwined initials on your case stand for the "Brotherhood of Rail Road Mechanics".

- Mark Lee

Posts: 148 | Location: Maryland in the U.S.A. | Registered: May 25, 2004