• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Dial for a Stop Watch needs Repair "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I purchased this Gallet stop watch and it's dial is coming off.
What is a good way to "Glue" it back in place?
Photo #1

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
Photo #2

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
Photo #3

posted
Photo #4

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That is a toughie. If the detached dial face is at all flexible I would experiment with some 3M 77 or 3M 78 on a flat toothpick sanded or shaved razor thin that could be coated with the adhesive and then slipped under the separation about 2-3 mm.

Then is has to be smoothly backed out followed with an immediate compression of that spot with an old reverse spring clip clothespin faced with a bit of poly (zip-lock) bag material that does not stick to either the adhesive or the dial face. Let it set 3-4 hours at least and see if it worked.

I can send the clothespin, I have some left over from the "old" (Model airplane) days. You need to find the rest.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007