• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Having trouble logging into Elgin watch database "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Is anyone having problems going to the Elgin watch database?

Posts: 6 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 23, 2011
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
James,

Welcome to IHC185. I couldn't get into that website either. I got "Failure To Connect To Web Server" as an error message. Sounds like Wayne is having a server issue.

This has happened before and it has always been resolved within a few days. Lin Riddle and others have offered to do the movement number lookups the old fashioned way (with books) in the meantime.

Here is a prior discussion thread that was posted when this happened before.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Thanks for the reply; I thought it was something on my end.
I just picked up an Elgin 16 size serial # 23092871. The watch is in beautiful condition, and the inside case states it is 14k gold filled.
Can you tell me anymore info on this watch?
Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 6 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
James

The serial number book I have for Elgin is from 1904 & at that time they were just in the 11 million range.

With a photo of the movement perhaps we might could tell you more, the 23 million number would place it in the area of 1920.

Sorry not much help.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Roy Ehrhardt's Elgin Grade and Serial Numbers Book describes this as a 16 size, 15 Jewel, Model 6 Hunter, Grade 312, made in 1925. The model 6 was a very popular movement and Elgin made 366,000 Grade 312 movements alone in 233 different production runs from 1904 to 1927.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thanks to all. You guys are great!
Jim

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Does anyone have any information they can pass along regarding any problems with the Elgin site....

I have sent a couple of emails to Wayne or Webmaster and they have come back as undeliverable due to inability to access the server....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1342
posted
Any word on the web site yet?

Marc Micale

Posts: 143 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: September 16, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ronny Manis
posted
Still down???

Posts: 171 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee USA | Registered: July 25, 2005
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
I just checked and its still down.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
We have a mutual friend in Lincoln NE looking into what happened. No Answer so far.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Looking forward to hearing what has been found out. Wayne has let it go down before, but never this long. I'm kind of worried about him.
Frown
Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002