• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

12s Rockford "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just received a 12s Rockford, and am unable to find a lot of info on it. Can anyone help with Gr.how many made year of production etc. It is marked 17j adj. ser# 875132. Is there any site that gives Rockford Information ? I will get pictures later if possible.
Appreciate any help.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted
heres some pics

posted
mvmt

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Bill, my data base shows it as a 12s, 17j, o/f, model 2, Grade unknown. There were 3500 made. Year made,1912.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Thanks Brian,
I wonder why the Gr. U/K data, or were these watches not graded as most others? It is interesting that there were only 3500 made, makes it slightly "R" scarce, almost said rare.
Thanks again,
Bill

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Bill,
I don't know why this watch grade is unknown, but that's what the data base says. Most of the Rockfords do have a grade.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Thanks again Brian.
This one will remain gradeless. I see in Shugarts that the references by serial number, are only from catalogue dated to 1910, I missed by a couple of years.
Bill

posted
Surely you know Bill that a watch made in the 3500 range should always be grouped with the ones that were made in the 50K or even 500K range. Seriously they should break it down a bit better than just more than 1-2000 is rare and after that they are all common. Nice watch whoever did the dmk work at Rockford really knew how to get eye appeal.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009