Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Something a little different "Click" to Login or Register 
12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
As an experiment I thought I would try to take a picture of one of my watch holders. In many ways I think they are under appreciated.

Bob

Posts: 621 | Location: Vallejo, California U.S.A. | Registered: July 10, 2004
12-Size Expert
posted
another view

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Are you SURE that was not for a scalp? I like the base too. Cool

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Great watch holder. Thank you for sharing!

Ernie

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
posted
Looks like it could double as a case opener! Smile

Happy hunting,

Bill Kapp
http://williamkapp.tripod.com/index.htm

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Oh, rest assured, THEY are appreciated! Everytime I find one in an antique store that is as interesting as this one, they want an arm, a leg, and a second mortgage to buy it! Frown

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
12-Size Expert
posted
Here is the other one I own

posted
Here is my watch holder:

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
OOps, here it is upright. I think it was really supposed to be the top for a beer stein, but it seemed to be made for my nice little 12s Waltham.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I just love these, but as Mark said, I always find the ones that they want a fortune for.

Very, Very nice watch holders!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Robert, I really like the "heffelunk" and Steve's "Cherub on a lily pad" looks extremely collectible too!

God knows when this one I have was made, but it is reminiscent of all the bird engravings that seemed to show up on watches of the period. Also it is signed on the bottom "E/RRS" whatever that means.

It is all from one piece of wood except the watch peg which is a well disguised hardwood insert.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Of course the Omega/Non-Magnetic Watch Co. piece is nice too.