• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Howard series 11 railroad chronometer "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

Here is one I dont think I posted here yet.It's a Howard series 11.It was one of the better deals I ever got at a mart got it for 300.00 all the others I saw they wanted 400.00 and above.All it needed was the plastic crystal replaced did that and had it serviced.I never seen another green gold filled case that this one has it's not the best but it's a OK case.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Mike,

From my experience, these fine series 11 movements can be adjusted to hold a very accurate rate...as good as anything out there really. Elegant plate design as well with an open train bridge which allows a visible area on the pillar plate for "R.R. Adjustment, Temperature Five Positions". Nice, unique and very "Keystone" Wish I had one.

Where are you in northern CA anyway?

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
William do you belong to chapter 5 thats in the Bay area I see you are in San Fransico I show up at most meeting.
Mike

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
I in Livermore.
Mike

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Mike nice watch i have always liked the chronometer case these were made in 3 colors White ,yellow and green gold filled Green is hard too find ..Here is one i sold on ebay not long ago box and papers and a series 10 movement.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Railroad watch for sure

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004