• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can you ID this Columbus? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Picked up a low end, but running 18s Columbus; other than dating it to about 1892 from serial number, I haven't come up with much. Please help ID it?

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Looks to fit the Grade 90 description in the Price Guide. Withs a "COA" a plate screw and a little TLC it should turn out nicely as the plates look pretty good. If the staff is broken that is another issue. I used a South Bend staff to successfully repair a 21J Railway King. The only difference is the roller fitment diameter is about 0.004" under on the SB.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thanks David,

That was my assumption when I purchased it. It is running consistently; though quite slow, so I'm hopeful that it is mechanically sound and a COA will restore it to reasonable operating condition. I'm going to set it aside until I feel comfortable attacking a full plate watch.

Gary

Posts: 586 | Location: Bastrop, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2011