Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Burlington size 16 "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Hi all I have a question my new project needs
hour and minute hand its Burlington 21 jewel size 16 what will be the correct hands for it?

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Peter, Here are some Burlingtyons I have done. The left on is a Getty with hands that are slightly different from the two in the middle which are the traditional "Plum Color" Illinois Hands, the right hand has a sort of Deco Dial that was equipped with moon hands. I just finished restoring another with a Gold Matte Finish Metal Dial, "Radium Numbers and Radium Filled Skeleton Hands. So take your pick . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thanks Dave.
My was having gold matte finish dial but the dial was in bad shape so I put getty one on and the hands did not match hour was radium and minute
hand was like the one in the middle two.
So my question is Illinois size 16 hands should fit just fine.
I have the radium dial and hour hand and will trade for good hands Smile

posted
Here is mine with what sounds like the dial your had to begin with. Mine is the 21j bridge movement, either 3 or 4 from L-R in Dave's pictures.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
I will post picture of the old dial soon.
but is not like yours .
My burlinton sits in salesman case not mark that I pick for $18 one ugly case like his owner Smile
here is my original post
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6047761/m/6033942567

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This is a "Quick Pic" of the Matte Gold Dialed Burlington I just finished. I put in Triangle hands until I find a skeleton Minute hand to match the hour hand. Then International dial can put the "radium" glow stuff back in the hands and Hour Numerals.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007