Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Waltham "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ted Steuernagel
posted
Second ? post on this site (WOW) Just pick up a 16s Ball official RR Stan 17j. Great Ball case catalog #134 in Complete Watches Guide.? is it just has a plain bold Waltham dail did some come like that? Thanks Ted

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
hi there, if you post the serial number of the movement, we can take a stab at dating it. the 134 case was from late production, thirties or so.... Waltham was not a supplier to Ball in the later years.... [i don't think anyway.....]

The serial number will help!

Picture of Ted Steuernagel
posted
Hi Terry! The serial on the Ball is B205754! Did all Balls come with Balls dails? Thanks for the help. Ted

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Hi Ted!

Your Ball Waltham Serial Number B205754 is ca. 1907 or so. I agree with Terry that is too early for the case to be original. However we must realize these watches were in and out of a working mans pocket for many years and perhaps the owner had it re-cased. I'd look closely to see if there are other screw marks or not.

About your dial, Ball watch movements were shipped from the manufacturer to Cleveland Ohio without dials, hands and such. They were cased and timed on the upper floors of the facility you see pictured below. That is the Ball Watch Company with Webb C. Ball's jewelry store on the first floor. Mr. Ball was obsessive about dial design and your RR Standard movement would have originally have been fronted by a dial with the "Official RR Standard" logo such as you see on various Ball watches of that period. It was a Ball Watch Company patented design.

It should not be a problem to obtain the correct dial for your watch, let us know and we'll begin the search!

Hope this is helpful to you Ted, and again, Welcome Aboard!

Lindell V. Riddle, IHC185 President

ihc185@roadrunner.com

Phone: (440) 461-0167

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Lindell nailed it......

There are Ball dials on ebay at this time..... [no I am not affiliated with the sellers]...