Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watch movement holder "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
Is there a movement holder that can accomadate size 18's thru 12's or even smaller? Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
I use a cheap yellow plastic holder like in the picture. It has held 18s-10s and could probably hold smaller. I will say the winding screw is on its last threads does sometimes come out when removing the 18s movements. But its easy to screw it back in.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
posted
Jim can u tell me where u bought it ,also the size, as they would make smaller ones which would only take up to a certain size would they not? i have an older one but only good for small WW and PW. thanks Francis

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks,Jim I too am interested in knowing where to get one and the model # etc.Thanks Roger

posted

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
I got mine on Amazon.com. But I bet they are on ebay to. The holder is 1 3/4 inches across on the side with the screw and 15/16 high. In any event if it isnt perfect for your needs, or you dont like it in the end, the price is so cheap it wont really matter.
Here is a pic of mine holding an 18s

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I found a most helpful watch holder on eBay a few years ago. It truly deserves to be put back into production.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
It has a full range of size capability to firmly but gently fit around about any size you care to "hold", and is very easy to stabilize with the extension to one side.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks eveyone I'm on the prowl for one now.Roger

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
They have them on eBay like that Jim.

I really like that one David!

I have these that I don't use if anyone is intrested.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is one that I have found to be one of the bwst that I have used. As you can see there is nothing to get in the way while you are putting a movement back together, or just working on one. As you can see it will hold a size 18 with no problen. You can turn it over for the much smaller movements also.

It is a BERGERON 4040-P - Swiss Made. VERY well made. I don't see it ever wearing out! Smile

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Tom Brunton has a couple for sale now; holders

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Yes, that's to bad Werner. I was giving the ones I showed a picture of away. Just over my last post. There is one just like that in the picture. Frown

Regards,
Larry