Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Now a "Lifer" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Mitch Markovitz
posted
On this past Saturday I changed my membership to "Lifetime." Here's why...

At $185 for an IHC185 Lifetime membership I thought it a real bargain. Especially when compared to the annual dunking offered by another often mention group.

In one year's mebership, since May of last year, the knowledge I've gained has saved me, many times over, the membership amount in purchases of lousey examples on eBay.

I've come to learn the true value of watches and the meaning of serial numbers. Not just the year of manufacture reflected in them, but the value of case serial numbers being at least in line with that of the movement.

The knowledge of what dial goes where is invaluable, and rounds out what I've been searching for in my 44 years of collecting and studying Hamiltons.

I have to thank all of you for your kind comradery on this forum, and your support of my work.

Of course I have to extend a firm handshake of gratitude to Dr. Debbie and Lin. Lin has always taken the time to visit with me on the phone on matters horological, and other that have made things a lot more pleasant to bear. Lin has been eager to help me find my sought after watches and items.

So it was worth the fee for me, and you guys will have to put up with me for some time now.

Posts: 464 | Location: Northern Indiana in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2009
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Well stated Mitch...!

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Exactly!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Mitch, Hope you live another hundred years and I am there to shake your hand. Big Grin

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Congratulations, Mitch! I agree, it is amazing what IHC185, it's wonderful members, and mountains of data can do help one learn about the watches and clocks that we love. May your many, many days to come be the very best! Smile

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Thank you Mitch, for your excellent testimony and assements of the "Lifetime" membership here at IHC185....I couldn't agree more with you, and it will be great to get to continue to read your posts for an extended period of time....

I second Phil's sentiment regarding the next 100 years.... Wink

The Very Best Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008