Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Howard Info "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Anyone know the info on these movements Waltham made for Howard looks to be a 14-16s movement. Didn't know if the info in the Waltham site was correct since it doesn't mention it was made for Howard. Serial #987414

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
little better shot of writing

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
For those who will ask about the dial

IHC Member 1555
posted
Can't answer your query Rob, but that is a nice watch, if you are going to sell it let me know?

Regards,
Bila

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Bila I will be listing it, I am going through some boxes of junk stored away. Click on my link below for my auctions.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Rob, I will be watching & bidding.

Regards,
Bila

IHC Member 1555
posted
Have you got around to listimg this yet Rob, if you haven't and want to sell it, contact me with a price.

Regards,
Bila

posted
It should be noted that this is a private label movement for a jeweler in New York, not E.Howard in Boston.

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Kevin Didn't even realize it. I know Waltham made a few movements for Howard and assumed this was one without even thinking private label. Glad you mentioned it so I didn't mislead anyone when I listed it, so thanks again.
Bila been a little busy will be listing it and some nice gold watches in the next day or so.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
That's not a Waltham Howard Rob, but I think I tracked it down with a little research in the "old Howard" listings of the Shugart Watch Guide. It looks like a 12-size Series X to me (see page 262 of the Shugart Watch Guide).

• ORDER 2013 COOKSEY SHUGART'S COMPLETE GUIDE TO WATCHES HERE •

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Ed,

I'm fairly sure it's a model 1874 14s Waltham. The movement style, and serial number indicate this.

best,Kevin

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Rob, Kevin & Ed, pretty sure it is a 14s Waltham, have not one in my collection.

regards,
Bila