Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What kind of case?? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Hi, can anyone tell me anything about this case? I have no idea what it is.

I don't know why, but I was thinking it may be a Canadian case? Confused

Thank you for your help!! Smile

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
The back.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Inside back cover.

IHC Member 1508
posted
I was thinking the same thing Larry. It looks like a Sturdy. But it would be labeled as such, especially the "Made In Canada" part. Hmmm

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Brad, This one has me stumped. It was a mess and I almost just laid it aside, but when I cleaned it, it really looked pretty good. It has looked like this for a week now also. I just don't know what to think. I would hate to sell it with the movement in it and then have it start turning when someone gets it.

Regards,
Larry

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Larry when you say "turning", I take it to mean that the case must be made out of a material that is not gold filled. And after looking closer inside the back lid, I believe it is a brass composition type case.

I would pull the nice 992 out and put it in a period correct gold filled case just to save any prospective new owner the disappointment or anger when the case does "turn" from bright back to dull. And especially so if there are any other case screw marks from prior "residents". If you find any other marks at all from another movement, then it would be a no brainer to change it out.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Thank you Buster!

I have had this thing setting around for a week now, wondering if I should list it. I think I'm going to do that. I just DON"T want that to happen.

Thanks again! Smile

Regards,
Larry

IHC Member 1508
posted
I might be interested in buying it from you Larry, if the price isn't too steep. I've got a 1931 Illinois 167 that I'm going to have restored, and use as a "daily wearer", and it would look great in this. I don't care if it "turns", I've got plenty of Simichrome! Big Grin LOL Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Brad, You know i was thinking about that Renaissance Wax that was being talked about here not long ago!! Smile

I'll send you an email in the morning!!

Regards,
Larry

IHC Member 1508
posted
Larry, it's a good thing you sold this case to me...because it is starting to turn. On the back. Like I said, it doesn't bother me, because of what I'm using it for. But, had you sold that 992 in it, somebody would have been really upset. For me, I think my lower grade Illinois looks great in it, and as I reach for the Simichrome, I thank you!

IHC Life Member
posted
Hey Brad, I'm gald you were able to use it, and you are right, it would have been a bad thing to have sold it to someone thinking they had a nice 992 for there collection just to see it start turning.

Thank you for the heads up bb!! Smile

I'm glad everything turned out ok!

Regards,
Larry