WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

jewel for pallet fork and escape wheel on 21 jewel 18s Elgins "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was searching for a pallet fork hole jewels and escape wheel cap jewels. I searched everywhere and finally found what I need on my own watch. The balance cock hole jewel is the same size and measurement as the pallet for hole jewel. The foot jewel won't work. The cap jewel from the cock can also be used for a cap jewel but will be brass instead of gold. Just polish it down to the right height and it will look like the rest. Switch it with pallet cap jewel and it won't be noticed hidden under the balance. Hope this helps for those hard to find jewels. Bill 'Vaughan

Posts: 103 | Location: Missouri in the USA | Registered: August 02, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
William, interesting report to help us cope with the never-ending "musical chairs" games of finding replacement jewels.

Question, was that a parts watch you were taking the jewels from?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007