Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Salesman's sample questions "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1550
posted
Hello, I was hoping for some help on this piece. I have an interest in purchasing it but it seems to be missing the winding stem and crown. How easy is it to replace these missing parts and what would it look like if it were there? I will attatch some pictures if able. Thank you all.

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
IHC Member 1550
posted
Here is another photo

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I HAVE A FEW OF THEM AND YOURS LOOKS LOVELY. TAKE THE WATCH OUT OF THE CASE BY SQUEEZING TOGETHER THE TWO PADDLES AT THE BOTTOM TO ENLARGE OR OPEN THE DISPLAY CASE DIAMETER ,REMOVE THE WATCH THEN YOU WILL SEE WHAT THERE IS ,OR IS NOT THERE Wink SOME WERE MADE ONLY FOR DISPLAYING MOVEMENTS , AND SOME WERE MADE TO HOLD WATCHES. THIS LOOKS AT FIRST GLANCE TO BE A WATCH CASE

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1550
posted
Hi Tom, I do not own this piece (yet) but I do have more pics for you if you are willing to examine them. Maybe you can tell more of the story then. This is what I have:

IHC Member 1550
posted
Another view of the outer case, possibly a stem and crown location:
Also: what are the values of these type pieces? Thank you Tom, nice conversing with you. M

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
well it's a movement case but of a different type than I have seen , very nice too. Eek Looks like it might be designed to wind the movement with a let down key as shown. There is one on eBay over in a few hours just the box and it's at $113 with 2 hours to go Wink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...WAX:IT#ht_600wt_1186

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
One of mine in a different more commonly seen movement holder version

IHC Member 1550
posted
Ok Tom, Thank you. I am not sure I want to take the risk of purchase without the key. Thank you for all your assistance.