Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

992B Melamine Dial #151 Question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Douglas Addy
posted
I have a 992b, s/n c256719, housed in a Hamilton Mod A case, s/n K228443. I beleive this watch original as it belonged to my father. It has a single skunk, melamine, montgomery dial. The red 5 min markers are fading in this dial as per picture.
Is it possible to brighten these 5 min markers.

Thanks
Doug

992b melamine

Posts: 138 | Location: Magdalena, New Mexico USA | Registered: April 01, 2006
IHC Life Member

Picture of Fred R. Hougham
posted
Douglas,
These 151 dials are hard ( but not impossible ) to find in nice condition. I think trying to redue the numbers would probably ruin the dial. A better bet would be to try and find a different dial in nicer condition, or keep an eye on ebay and buy a watch with a nicer dial, do a switch, and then you can resell the watch.
Fred

Posts: 324 | Location: Daytona Beach, Florida USA | Registered: November 29, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Douglas Addy
posted
Fred

Thanks for the answer. I was hoping to keep this watch intact as it was my fathers. I think I will will leave it alone then and cherish it, as well as c8393 (my grandfathers 992b watch), They have meaning to my siblings.

Thanks again

Doug

posted
Be sure to store the watch out of sunlight and avoiding any "heat" situations as these will cause continued degradation of the dial.

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Douglas Addy
posted
Thanks Michael. I store all my watches in a windowless room that is controled at 70 deg., Low humidity and only room lite when I want to view.

Doug