Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

help with ID "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
keystone on dial

dustproof 18s - cannot find anything about a 'denver" model

denver on movement

need help, anyone have any info on these?

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
posted
limited - on dial and movement, 18s

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
posted
dial, limited as well

18s - lever set

IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Andy the one with the Keystone dial looks like it might be a private label Keystone. It looks almost identical to a watch Jared just sold. The only difference I see is the regulator and name.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6095371/m/1133901477

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
Andy the Limited looks like a series 3 size 18 Hampden to me.

posted
I agree on both, the odd names seem endless in pocket watches.

IHC Member 1610
posted
A friend of mine told me that all you needed to do back then was order a minimum of 5 watches to have your company name put on a watch. Now that was customer service and it also explains all the PL watches out there.

posted
interesting but seems right for the era. 5 watches was a nice order.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Andy I do not know about the Denver Keystone ( for some reason I think there is a Denver Pennsylvania, but probably just my aging mind) but the Limited is most definitely a Hampden private label and one I have not seen before. Looks to have about the same damascening as the 21j Special Railway.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
posted
The first one is a private label keystone. My father has an early lancaster (predecessor to Keystone) that was private labeled for a railroad in colorado that was a small one. That was back in the early 1880S??? either way the company had been doing it for a long, even before Keystone was a company.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Andy, your Denver is a LANCASTER watch grade. Turn the page on Keystone in the Complete Guide, and you will see your Lancaster/Denver. You would probably find more information sites if you Googled "Lancaster denver watch".

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009