Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Massive 18k gold Elgin "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Picked this up today. Easily the heaviest 18k gold case I have ever seen. Case and movement weigh over 230 grams and empty case over 170 grams of 18k that is over 5.4 ounces. Has anyone ever seen a case like this. It is a totally original National Watch co. KW KS 129,000 serial. Here is a quick picture with the 14k chain 270 grams. Over $6500 in gold!!!

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Check out the massive case making the 18 size movement look tiny!

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
pic3

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

That is some case Jim!

The only case that thick that I recall seeing was made of nickel.

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5237 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Agreed, Dr. Debbie! Reminds me of the huge coin silver Alaska cases that surface every now and again. BEAUTIFUL find!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Simply Awesome. I love to see old Elgins Smile

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Wow Jim, what a nice item. Please let us know when you list. We probably cannot buy it, however it will be fun to watch. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006