Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Two tone dial pocket watches "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Okay, since I started a thread on "two tone dial wristwatches, I just had to do the same in our "pocket watch forum". Smile

I searched my P/W collection and came up with one I think is a two tone dial pocket watch. What do you think? Does this one count? Confused

Any two tone dial pocket watches in your collection? Confused

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Hi Steph, I'll add one of my Walthams. This one is also in an original two-tone case.

Tom

Waltham tu-tone

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
The Illinois Watch Co. had a number of two-tone dials available. The attached image shows two dials as illustrated in a 1927 Illinois dial catalog (courtesy of our Jim Carroll). They also had many marvelous dual-finish dials - that is silver or silver-tone dials with etched or contrasting frosted sections.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
And here is an example on a late-model Elgin Hulburd (picture "courtesy" of an eBay auction).

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Tom H.,
Thanks for the show of your two tone dial and case! Very nice!!

Jerry T.,
Thanks for showing Illinois two tone dials and ebay's very pretty two tone Lord Elgin. Cool

Others? Confused

Stephanie O'Neil

posted
Hi Steph, A couple more tu-tone dials. A Zenith on the Left and a Hamilton on the right

Tom

tu-tone dials

posted
Beautiful tu-tone dial watches Tom. Thanks for showing them. Interesting Zenith dial! Roll Eyes

Others? Confused

Stephanie O'Neil