Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

storage question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Hello,I am trying to create a file on my computer to identify and catalog watches in my collection. To this end I have just retrieved some watches from my safety deposit box and am wondering how best to protect my "treasures" when they are returned to storage. Thanks in advance for all replies. Gary.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Keep them dry, dry dry... Don't store them in a sealed plastic bag. Moisture is the single most important issue for watch storage. I use a couple of silica gel canisters for moisture control. Numeber and size of these canisters depends on the area which needs to be covered. These are cheap, and can be purchased online thru Calbelas or any other sporting goods store. I also store all my watches in neat little leather pouches that a member here was/is selling for little money. Can't remember who though.

Larry

Posts: 661 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 07, 2002