• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

992 "Fred Straub" Fishscale Damaskeened "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
992 Fishscale Damaskeened Serial number 1,031,002.

posted
Has anyone ever seen a Fred Straub Dial? I haven't. Tony Dukes has a movement and I know of 2 others and none have a matching dial, so I would say Straub was to cheap to pay the extra dollar for one.
It has a brass train so he wasn't going to spend much, and the DMK pattern may have been his signature pattern with Hamilton.

Picture of R. J. Lucke
posted
Very nice. I once had a HWW with the same private label markings.

Rhett

Rhett Lucke

Posts: 229 | Location: Nebraska in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Rhett,
In your collecting have you ever seen or heard of a matching dial for this Privale Label ?

Picture of R. J. Lucke
posted
The HWW I had was much earlier and had a matching 4-post dial. Unfortunately I traded it for another HWW marked "Hermann Lucke". Have also seen 1-2 17J PL movements with a marked single sunk dial.

Yours is the only 992 fishscale I can remember seeing with the private label Straub markings.

Rhett

Rhett Lucke

Posts: 229 | Location: Nebraska in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

For the record, the "Fred Straub" that Jim mentioned above as now belonging to our own Tony Dukes. And just for fun, check this link out...

http://www.fredhstraub.com/about/index.html

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002