Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Demaskeening Question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Can anyone tell me when Hamilton started putting the Demaskeening on that pallot fork plate/cover on the 992B? I have a 1956 Type 4 that has it on it, and none of the other ones do.

Thank you!

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Com-on Ed!! I know that you know!!

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Larry,
I would like to see a picture if possible.
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
I hope this works Richard, I just happened to notice it when I was putting it back together.
Thought it might be interesting.

Thank you.

Regards,
Larry

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Larry,

Thank you for posting the picture,

I've never noticed that but after viewing your picture and looking at the 992B's in my collection the fourth signature movements have the pattern and the rest don't. Hamilton had a lot of overlap in the different signature serial numbers. I don't know when they started using the pattern on that part but it appears to be a detail common on fourth signature movements. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can answer your question more thoroughly.

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Larry see if you can crop down on the part. It is hard see it.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Well I think I got it Gene. After what you told me I have a better idea what to do. Thanks!

I pretty well got the same impression Richard. I just need to go take a better look.

IHC Member 1016
posted
My 991 has damaskeening on the pallet yoke as well. I do not recall most other Hamiltons having such.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Actually here is a 990 with the same.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
So I guess they did do it on some of them. I kind of like the finished look on them.

Thanks for all the imput!!

Regards,
Larry

posted
Larry,

How is that for spoiling somebody's day? I run to check my 992s (I wonder how many did the same thing) and none of them have any decoration on the pallet fork bridges but my 1918 996 has it.
So, not all was lost.

Regards,
Peter

Posts: 192 | Location: Vicenza in Italy | Registered: February 04, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
I hear that Peter.

I just had to ask as I don't have any that had it. It is kind of interesting, the ones that do.

Regards,
Larry

posted
Larry, your camera work is fantastic; your lighting and shading are perfect, and the color of the plates is very accurate.

The pattern on the pallet bridge on my 990 is the same as Mike's:

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Thank you Eric.

What a nice looking movement that 990 is, and that pallot bridge just adds to it!

Regards,
Larry