• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Accuracy "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I took possession of this watch exactly a month ago today. An eBay auction, I was the only bidder. I like these big cheerful Illinois dials.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
An unremarkable but clean 19j Governor movement.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Now for the part that blows me away: I set this watch to my cell phone a month ago and have done nothing but wind it faithfully every morning. I took this picture a few minutes ago and after 30 days it's keeping exact pace with my cell phone. Cool or what?

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Eric,
I agree, very nice looking watch.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Eric - it is incredible that after all these years that a watch can keep such good time. Yours is very nice and must have been well maintained to be so accurate. Good buy!

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
Eric
What a great looking watch. Now that is one I would carry. I have been looking at the e-bay watches but just do not yet feel comfortable to know what I am buying. Some more reading in the guide, this site and watching e-bay and maybe I will get at lucky.

Bruce

Posts: 83 | Location: Central Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: December 26, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Bruce, I suggest that you look at IHC185 auctions, and if you are looking for something specific, just ask.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Bruce,

As David suggested do look over our IHC185™ Auctions. There are extensive photographs detailing watches.

You may also wish to do is ask for advice in our "Avoiding the Pitfalls of On-Line Trading" where we discuss on going eBay auctions. If you see a watch that you might be interested in purchasing, many of our members will weigh in on whether or not it is authentic, and give you a range of what it may ultimately sell for as well as answer any other questions you might have.

Please remember we are all here to learn and enjoy this hobby!

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5241 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Eric,

What do you mean "An unremarkable but clean 17j Governor movement"?

That watch is gorgeous!

Are those GOLD screws I see? I love it, and with the added perfect timing? Who could ask for more?

Great Deal you got there, Congratulations!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
What always makes me smile is when a watch is running that well as a time keeper, and the regulator is sitting dead center of the scale...as yours is.

VERY VERY nice carry watch!

Congratulations! That's a keeper!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
Dave and Debbie

I have poured over the IHC185 information and love the auction page. I don't have a specific watch in mind yet. Currently use e-bay primarily to look at various watch brands and styles. Appreciate the ability to use the expertise here prior to actually purchasing one.

One like Eric has on this page is catching my eye.

Posts: 83 | Location: Central Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: December 26, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Bruce,

A 17 or 19 jewel Bunn would be a very nice way to get started. They are reasonably priced and very good timekeepers, something you could carry with you and enjoy looking at.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Eric has the subject of this topic up for bids in IHC185 Auctions...

CLICK FOR: •• MEMBERS ONLY WATCH AND CLOCK AUCTIONS ••

There is a nice range of items up for bids right now. And for those who have not yet joined IHC185 you can buy and sell all year long in six trading venues with no fees and your only expense is $12.00 Annual Dues!

CLICK HERE TO: Join and Support the Internet Horology Club 185™

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Members are often asked to show their watches, so I might as well tag along...Here is my Illinois 19J Overland Special.The movement has a nice "silver plate" finishing, very pleasing to the eye. It is also a very accurate timekeeper.

Posts: 192 | Location: Vicenza in Italy | Registered: February 04, 2009