• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help to ID the maker "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought a lot of some one in ebay and this was in it plus many others fusee and walthams and Elgins. Does any one know whom the maker is? the dial is paper, on the back it says PAT APR 17th 1888 when i lay it down it runs, the dial says TRADE Mark A any leads ????

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
back

IHC Member 456
posted
Hi Francis, that is an Ansonia.
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
posted
Mike thanks for that, any more detail that you can give me about them, or the watch itself? looks to be a size 18's or a little larger.

IHC Member 456
posted
In the watch guide, they say that Ansonia Watch Co. was in Brooklyn, NY, owned by Ansonia Clock in Ansonia, Connecticut. 1896-1929, then sold to a Russian investor.
They take a special case. It's a "dollar watch" and they made about 10 million.
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
posted
WOW 10 million so rare lol. thanks Mike I appericate that, i will have to keep my eyes open to get a case now.