Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Nice Howard, Series 11 Comments Welcomed "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I made the mistake of visiting a local coin and antique shop today. Got this for about low book and the case is nicer than the photos show. Proprietor says the guy just had it serviced. Runs good and I like the "bar over crown" cases.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
movement

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Last one

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Nice example Mike, the Series 11 has a certain elegance about it! Smile

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 1016
posted
Thanks Ed. Are the White Gold Filled cases as common as the Yellow?

IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Mike that is a good question. I have had a number of Keystone Howards and several with your style of case. I think it is my favorite case and at least in my part of the country (Nebraska) the breakdown seems to be 7 or 8 YGF to 1 WGF when it comes to the 16 size watches. The interesting part to me is that I would guess the 12 size Howards are about 6 to 4 on that issue with WGF being the 6. I can only speculate that the smaller watches were Sunday church watches and WGF was perhaps considered dressier. A very nice watch Mike.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Here is a link to a data base I was keeping but unfortunately I have not stayed on top of it.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...186009181/m/83910885

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Hey Tom, that makes it pretty clear to me that this is probably the original case to this movement. I don't know how to add mine to your database but my other Series 11 is too old for the Double Bar safety case. It is in a swing-out. i have been looking for one in a case like this for a while and felt that this was not perfect but a nice example. Thanks for your efforts in doing this.

Mike

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Oh your welcome, I should have stayed on this.

Another one to watch for is the one with the damaskeened (or however you spell that) movement. They appear to only be in one run, so far they fall into 1385055-1385768. You do not see them very often but every once in a while one will show up on ebay. Most people don't know of this run, it doesn't appear to have any more value but maybe someday.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Mike I added your new one to the list.

Tom

IHC Member 1016
posted
Actually these are pretty "plain" movements for the late teens to early twenties. Makes you think the quality and reputation sold the watches rather than beauty. Thanks Tom

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Mike

That is why I like that one run, they at least added a little design to the plates.

Tom