Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Request for Cheshire Watch Company Serial numbers "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi All,

My Dad has been doing research for a long time on the Cheshire Watch Company as is a friend. We ere interested to know from any one that might have watches and serial numbers, as well as photos of the dials and movements themselves. If you do could you please post here on the message board or forward to Dad's email address on the IHC185 site, thanks in advance to all for taking the time to do this.

Erin

Posts: 2258 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
I can add one. 58519

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thank you Dave, Could you confirm if it is a Hunter or Open Face please? Also is it possible to have a picture of dial and MovementSmile

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Sure,

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted

Dave Turner

IHC Member 1555
posted
Excellent Dave, if you do not mind and with your permission I will use the photos of the movement and dial in Dad's database build-up, please let me know if this is fine by you?

Thank You,
Erin

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
By all means, glad to be able to help.

Dave Turner

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thank youSmile

posted
Nice watch Dave!

Posts: 61 | Location: Oak Island, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 06, 2017
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
My Cheshire folder says I have 2.
46607 and 61116
Tony

Tony Dukes

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 1555
posted
Excellent Tony, very much appreciated, going by the serial numbers one should be the 3d Series watch (or the old term "Model 3's" which is actual incorrect but widely used). The other an earlier Cheshire model with no sub-seconds dial.

If you happened to have pictures of the movement and dial could you please upload them or send to my private email, thank you for taking the time to look and respondSmile

Erin

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
One to add that I forgot about.
sn 1660
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
For pictures of sn 1660 go to the Jones Horan website and click on the Sales Archive.
Tony

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thank you Tony for the update that serial# 1660 is what the Cheshire Factory referred to as The "Cheshire" Model. These had no Factory designated Model number as most popular guides and research books portray. The model number that is used today is something that was attributed to them probably by a previous researcher and is not factually correct.

Do you happen to remember if the Serial #46607 had the stem attached to the movement?

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Bila,
My Cheshire folder says sn 46607 that the stem was attached.
Tony

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thank you very much Tony. The reason Dad needed to know about the stem was that so far looking at the small amount of serial numbers that have been collected showed that there seems to be no overlap/interlocking serials for different early variations of watches in the product produced by the Company.

This was first noticed by our fellow researcher and appears to be now confirmed from the extra serial numbers that Dad has found so far. Your #46607 should have been the Cut-plate movement with no sub-dial on the face.

This has been previously classed as a Model 2 in popular circles but that is also an incorrect designation.

Erin

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just bringing this up, thank youSmile

Erin

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just bringing this up to keep it in everyone's thoughts as we are still chasing serial numbersSmile

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just bringing this up as we are still looking for more serial numbers for research, thank youSmile

IHC Member 1555
posted
We are still looking for numbers and info on these, thanks for any contributionsSmile

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just bringing this up, as we are still needing numbers, Thanks to All.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Just Bringing this up againSmile