Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Fred Phelp's Press Jeweled Illinois Winner!? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
In between other things, this late Illinois 16s s/n 5351150 watch that was named "Fred" beckoned to me and asked; "Clean me please?" So I caved in to the tempatation . . .(all pics Post-cleaning)

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Now it appears this late model Illinois watch was only carried by Fred for a short time until the mainspring broke. Luckily Fred took it out of his pocketfull of nails that he must have been carrying it in and stored it away for the sands of time to wash up on my shore. Going into it I found a quite pristine 17J Grade 167 movement in excellent condition . . . a real "winner" indeed! AND!!! . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
PRESS BALANCE PIVOT AND CAP JEWELING!!!!!
Any thoughts or comments are welcomed indeed.