Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Idle minds and Watch Stands "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I have been asked sometimes to let people know where I get my watch stands. As the purveyors of such seem to be in business about as long as a "dry saloon", a year back during an "idle moment", I did one stand that sold a few to 185er's which was inspired by a true "downeast" antique I had . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Recently during another "Idle moment", I fiddled around with a "stressed structure" design to display 12, 16, and 18 sizes. If I had a few hundred of these made (in USA, "you betcha"!), my question is; Wood or Plastic?
(sorry about the little 12, I have yet to put in a new 4th wheel that Brian C so kindly sent me.)

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hey Dave, those are nice stands....

For me, I choose the clear acrylic or plastic....

If I wanted to go fancy, I would choose the finished wood stands.... Big Grin

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I like the clear plastic. The wood is nice but it causes your eye to be distracted from the watch, which I believe we are trying to show off.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
David, I would also go with the clear plastic. Wood is nice but you might run into the problem of requests for different color stains, especially from those of us who aren't too good with that kind of stuff Wink

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I should have some pricing later this week.