WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1919 Waltham 16 size up down indicator dial question. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1954
posted
i just picked up a very nice up down indicator Waltham Vanguard , and the dial is a Montgomery dial also with the railroad 24 hour numbers on the inner part..it has some kind of a green coating painted in the middle part of the main numbers on the dial, and also the hands..looks sort of like the reflective stuff or glow in the dark that some of the dollar watches had..it all looks like factory, and it is the double sunk dial, also with the up down section sunk as well..i have looked, and haven't found any like it..any ideas on what any one thinks..

Posts: 203 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 11, 2014
posted
Probably luminous compound. Greenish color would suggest post-radium era. Tritium or similar maybe. I doubt it's a factory stock dial but rather a custom job. Photo would be nice,

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
IHC Member 1954
posted
this is a new computer, and it doesn't have the download to make the pictures into the required size to post..it has always baffled me, why this site has the restrictions on it so you have to re do the photos before you can post them..it is the only one of very many sites i am on, including racing sites, all types of automotive sites and selling sites , and other watch and clock sites i am on..i am sure that if this was changed we would see many more postings and ads on this site..just my opinion..

Posts: 203 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 11, 2014
IHC Member 1851
posted
If you email the photo to yourself it may give you option to size it when sending, quick and simple.

Posts: 207 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado in the USA | Registered: April 23, 2013
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Victor,

Check out this topic for helpful hints on downsizing images:

HELP IN POSTING IMAGES FOR HOSTING ON OUR IHC185 DISCUSSION SITE

Posts: 5206 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002