Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Jones & Horan auction "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
any one going to the auction?
I have been promising myself to go but
looks like scubadiving/deepsea fishing at Cortez sea won again.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
I wanted to but not this year. Trust me, 10 years from now the fishing memory will get you through many days. No one will remember the watches they bought there. Have a blast, post pictures!

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
posted
you are right again Andy,but I love to look at some of the finest watches.

posted
so true but catching a shark with my son beats any watch I have ever found.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
I didn't see anything among the American railroad watches that made my heart skip a beat, so IMHO you're not missing much.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Scuba and fishing wins hands down. Look at watches when you can only dream of the other two!

Oh and post pics!

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Keep an eye open for shipwrecks, Pete.

Smile

kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
IHC Member 1016
posted
I looked for you Peter but you were nowhere to be found.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
posted
i hate wet suits unless is dry one but its been
quit few years since i used the dry one(NY Long Island U-bot)
pacific rim is on my next bucket list Bora Bora,Fiji

IHC Life Member
posted
Wow Mike, Truk Lagoon is on my bucket list, along with Pupua and the Red Sea. Or at least they were when I was an active diver. I haven't dove (dived? Wore scuba and went under water?) for about 10 years, but it's something I'd like to get back to one of these days.

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Member 1016
posted
Evan, I was fortunate to dive Truk (Chuuk) three times, Guam, Tonga Fiji, Tahiti, Cook Islands, New Zealand, Yap, Palau, The Maldives and too many Mexican locations to mention, along with Belize, the Exumas, and many other Carribean sites. You failed to notice my watch!

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
posted
if you have better picture of the watch but looks like Seiko diver automatic
I dive with my omega seamaster 120m as my seiko diver is out of comision for now.
nice pics Mike.

IHC Member 1016
posted
Peter, that is a Canadian Quartz dive watch of no real consequence. I used a Suunto Cobra, and, a Mares Puck II, both air integrated dive computers. I used both for redundancy, (a good thing to have), but they basically negated the need for a watch. That last pic was on the Japanese Submarine, I-190, at about 144 feet so the light was pretty dim.

OK, let's not sabotage this thread any more. Roll Eyes

posted
who cares WOW 144 my deepest one was 120 Frown
BTW Mexico is fun and no giant squid in sight.