Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What make and origin is this pw? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Folks

Does anyone recognise this movement? It is 16s, stem wind and pin set. It appears to have 15j and is a 3 finger bridge. It looks Swiss?

It has the number 159328 under the dial and an arrow through an apple symbol on the main plate. there are no other names or symbols on the front or back.

I have attached pics of:
1)movement front,
2)movement back,
3)dial,
4)arrow symbol.

Gordon

Posts: 184 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: February 02, 2007
posted
I have found that logo in my trademarks book, but the arrow is pointing the other way!

The company is: Fontainemelon,Fabrique d'Horlogerie,Fountainemelon, Switzerland.

Issued July 25 1922 for use on watch blanks.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
Jerry,

I think the arrow points the other way in the photo because it is inverted due to it being a photographic image. I would bet your trade mark is hand drawn and thus pointing the correct way.

John

posted
John: I don't know if it is hand drawn or not, but I am very sure that it is the mark on the watch shown.

Jerry

posted
I guess I am getting a little slow in my old age, but I just realized that the trademark on the watch may be a reference to William Tell.

posted
Hi Jerry

Thanks for the info. I will follow it up.

Gordon

Posts: 184 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: February 02, 2007