WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH A GUSTAV CAESAR CHIPPEWA FALLS POCKET WATCH
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH A GUSTAV CAESAR CHIPPEWA FALLS POCKET WATCH "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
I HAVE A MOVEMENT & DIAL
THE MOVEMENT IS MARKED "GUSTAV CAESAR" "CHIPPEWA FALLS Wis." AND A SERIAL NUMBER - NO OTHER MARKINGS THAT I CAN SEE

Roddy JB

Posts: 1385 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
DIAL

Roddy JB

Posts: 1385 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
posted
It looks swiss , Longines maybe ?

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1892
posted
Hi Roddy: Nice looking movement. I would agree with Kevin that it is early Longines. Pretty sure I have seen that type of movement marked "Longines" We have a "Chippewa Falls" in Ontario just north of Sault St. Marie. I have not heard of Gustav Caesar nor could find anything on superficial search. Hopefully someone will have more information on it. PS Just found one on e-bay #1315557658812.

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Kevin & John.
So far it appears to be a Longines private label from maybe 1882. No idea on cal. or # of jewels...

Roddy JB

IHC Member 1892
posted
Hi Roddy. Was checking another site I use "Vintage Watch Straps" run by David Boettcher from UK. David is very knowledgable abouy early movements and a really nice guy. We have corresponded on several early swiss movements and he has always come through for me. If you go on his site and find the section on Longines movements you will find it to be a caliber 19V, circ 1883 (I think) Sorry I don't know how to put the link on here but if you google it, it will come up. He makes beautiful watch straps for early WW as well.

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
IHC Life Member
posted
Here's a link
http://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/index.php
Lots of great info on this site.
Hope this helps!

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Cheers John and Steve.
I've heard of this guy's straps before on another forum but never knew he had info like this...
Roddy

Roddy JB