Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

P/W Casemaker "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Does anyone know who the casemaker is,given this symbol. There are no other markings on the case,it's a hunter,18s. Thanks for any input.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Frank,

Maybe this company........

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Hi Frank, Is your case brass? The ones I've seen with the indianhead have been lower grade brass cases.

Tom

posted
Hi John
I don't think it's the Kenosha watchcase company,my reason being that the indian from that company has a happy smile, mine seems to be a bit on the sad side.Probably because they stuck him on a brass case. Smile

Hi Tom
I believe you are right about it being a brass case. Do you have any idea who made these cases. Believe it came out of Canada.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Hey Frank I have seen that mark also and like Tom it has always been on a cheaper brass case, some had nice engraving but always brass.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
I think I have one also. I'll have to dig it out, but I don't believe it has any other markings other than the Indian symbol. It would be interesting, though, to learn the name of the watch case company.
Tom Walker

Posts: 11 | Location: Forest City, North Carolina USA | Registered: April 14, 2006
posted
Bob,and Tom
Thanks for your replies,the case does have nice engraving on it. I too would like to know who manufactured the case.I imagine that the case was stamped out with a die; only a guess on my part.

Frank

posted
Got two of these, they is brass. The things are tough as nails and wear well. Do not know maker but they filled a market niche for a good everyday carry watch case.

James Daigle

Posts: 27 | Location: Bartlesville, Oklahoma USA | Registered: November 05, 2005
posted
I think it could be Keystone. However, the Philadelphia case company used the same symbol. I believe the two companies merged and continued to use the symbol under the Keystone name.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
James & Jerry, thanks for the replies. I think I will house one of my movements in the case,just to give the movement a shelter.

Frank

posted
Frank,
I found the example that I mentioned above. It is a 6s hunter with only the Indian symbol and the unusual circular designs similar to your 18s case. This one is missing the bezel.
Tom Walker

Posts: 11 | Location: Forest City, North Carolina USA | Registered: April 14, 2006