• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

HAMILTON 992B 2 ZONE HOUR HAND DIAL "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
SmileHello i have a HAMILTON 992B 2 ZONE HOUR HAND made in 1956.Canadian railroad used this type of pocket watch in the western end of the line.I beleive the watch is a factory made dial.Does the CANADIAN RAILROAD STILL USE THE 2 ZONE WATCH TODAY?I am also a member of NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WATCH AND CLOCK COLLECTORS.Your posts are better than the national associations.You have a lot more information on CANADIAN DIAL WATCHES LOVE IT.BUTCH

Posts: 50 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2009
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Welcome on board, Butch, we're glad to have you with us....

You're not the first NAWCC member to make that remark and we are very proud of that fact....

We have a great number of research forums and will continue to add more....as you will see in the near future....

We have a number of experts on the railroad forums including those in Canada and I'm sure someone will be along to help you with your question....

Again, welcome to IHC185 where the discussions never stop....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Johnny:

The Canadian Pacific Railway would have discontinued the use of dual time zone hands in 1986, at this time the use of Timetable and Train Order authority was made obsolete by modern technology here is an example of a Universal Geneve Railway approved wrist watch for the Canadian National Railways that would have been used in the 1970s and 1980s Note the use of "0" instead of "24" these wristwatches were unique to the CNR. I have posted another thread aound here with a lot of information on dual time zones, they were used from coast to coast on Canadian Railway operations.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Johnny I've brought the thread with information on double time zone hands up its a request for information on an Appleton Tracy pocket watch with these type of hand.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
SmilebOY YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.Thanks for the information it proves that my watch made in 1956 could have been used in CANADIAN RAILROADS.Will look up your other thread on 2 zone watches.You guys are better than NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WATCH AND CLOCK COLLECTORS WHICH I ALSO AM A MEMBER.BUTCH

Posts: 50 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Welcome to IHC185 Butch. I'm glad you're getting some information you can use.

That's one of the things that sets us apart, freely sharing of our knowledge in a friendly, polite atmosphere, under the highest standards of ethical conduct.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Welcome to IHC185, Butch! Glad to have you with us. You will find so much good information and very friendly people willing to share their wisdom and experience. It's the best $12.00 investment I've ever made. You won't be disappointed.

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008