Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden Markings Help "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Here is a hampden movement I found digging through more movements. The first thing I noticed was the flag so I knew it was a hampden. Looking it up in the book it shows it is a model 110 but the thing that I was wondering about is what are the initials marked on the movement and dial. Is this a private label I couldnt find any info about it being a private label and I couldnt figure out what else it would be. Any ideas???
THe letters look like TPD but not sure what order.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Movement

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Took me a while to find this but I think the initials are TDP & Hampden made private label movements for the Tappins Diamond Palace, of Troy NY. Perhaps that is there mark.

I will see if I can find them using that mark on other items.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
You are the man for digging up stuff on the internet Tom. Thanks I looked at the list of supposibly private labels and I tried every arrangement with those three initials and I couldnt find anything. Maybe you can dig up more, just not the typical markings seen on a watch even for a private label.

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Yup, when it comes to digging stuff up on the internet, there's none better than Tom Brown.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002