Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Does anyone know what this is? TWC? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I can't figure out what this dial is. Any clues?

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
It goes with this movement.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Trenton Watch Company, they used their initials on some of theirs. A model 3 pendant set open face.

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The "T-W-Co" for Trenton Watch Co. is on your movement too in the lower left of the image you posted above. You can also see it in another Trenton from the Erhardt-Meggers "Gold Book" in the lower right corner. Yours is a nice example. Soak the dial, clean up the movement (carefully, they are a little rough around the edges) and you will have a nice colletible!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Thanks Tom and Dave. I bought a pig-in-a-poke today. Not sure what it was but since it was in an Illinois Sterling Silver case and the buy-it-now was $70 I didn't feel like I could go too wrong. I'll post real photos after I take delivery. It looks to be a 16s model 3 according to the serial number given by the seller. Hope my greed doesn't backfire but sometimes you feel like a deal may be a sleeper. I'll use the case and be happy if it's not salvagable.

IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
quote:
Hope my greed doesn't backfire but sometimes you feel like a deal may be a sleeper.

Most of my sleepers seem to turn out as wake up calls. Smile

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1016
posted
I know Lorne, mine too. Occasionally we do well, but, often feel foolish. I think the case pushed me over the fear on this one.

IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Ha HA, yes I sometimes find my self saying "But the case looks pretty good"

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1016
posted
I got the watch today and it appears to be fine except the roller jewel is broken and the mainspring needs replaced. Not sure how this mainspring comes off. There's no screw hlding the wheel in place???? I am not capable of replacing roller jewels (too clumsy) and do not have the correct size spring. Will post some photos soon.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Not surprising, a couple comments
The movement is only worth cleaning and repairing if you want to keep it "pristine" with the case.

The broken mainspring (not hard to replace) could well mean the watch is in pretty good condition.

The roller Jewel is not a serious problem and may still be floating around in the movement if it just "fell out".

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
I think I'll just keep the case as it is a nice Sterling Silver 16s case.