Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Couple Rare Pockets "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Funny I was looking for a thread and come across this one, makes me wonder where so many of the nice watches I have had are today, who's safe are they in. LOL This was back in the day when I sold under Gawatch and I used to find a lot more deals.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Rob, It would sure be nice to find another collection like this.

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
These are all beautiful pieces, But I can't have any of them because I would slobber all over them....and I ain't got da money anyway.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Hi Rob,

I just picked up an Elgin 348 but with guilt lettering. I will email with some info on it.

Beautiful watches. I guess you will be on bread and water until you get some of your money back. LOL

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Guys this is an old thread as I mentioned above. I just cant seem to find no where near as many of the beauties I used to. I am sure they are out there still in someones safe and it is just a matter of time before some start surfacing again. But hey I still have plenty of pictures of all the beauties I have had that I can still drool over my keyboard at.
I agree Phil up until 4-5 years ago I would regularly pick up nice collections with different pieces but now a days it seems like same ole thing common RR watches whether it is 992 950 161 163 or what ever or a ton of low end watches. I need to beat the bushes I miss them unique pieces.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Rob, your finding and listing the Illinois Diamond Ruby Sapphire model in July 2007 (210 ever made!) which as I remember went for about $4500.00 set the pace for that time!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
I remember that one and also the hunter case sangamo that brought almost 12K or the other one was the verge erotica repeater that brought almost 14k. I actually think someone from this site ended up with the diamond ruby you posted but not sure if he is still member.

IHC Life Member
posted
Another Diamond Ruby Sapphire just showed up on the Bay.

IHC Life Member
posted
Here is an interesting one I just sold brought $3750 supposibly the only known example of a grade 179 Sangamo

IHC Life Member
posted
Different angle

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I was watching that one. It sure is nice.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
I'm pretty sure that the last Bunn Special to appear on page one of this thread - the one with the articulated balance cock - has traveled back in time to about 1820, and back, and I'd like to know who was responsible for that?!
Wow.
Smile
kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
IHC Member 1338
posted
He's proud of that DRS, isn't he?

Rob I followed that sangamo that done really well. Guy that bought it knows them maybe he knows something I don't. It is a rare one.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
Really nice watch and keep posting these finds. They are interesting and rare!

Posts: 357 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 05, 2008
posted
Yes please.
I would be interested in "Time Sharing"
Roll Eyes

Posts: 30 | Location: Queensland in Australia | Registered: May 09, 2013